Thursday, February 19, 2015

Galatians 3:5

I ask you again, does God give you the power of the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you as a result of your trying to obey the Jewish laws? No, of course not. It is when you believe in Christ and fully trust him. ~ Galatians 3:5 (TLB)



Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or trying on our own power. We had to have God’s help.

This is the how and the why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. ~ Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62


Quit playing God.
But I'm so good at it!
And after all
we're only talking
about the little things.
I'll leave the big ones to God...
Salvation
Condemnation
The destruction of the world.
But he's so busy.
He can't worry about a little lie,
just a half truth, really,
to not hut feelings.
Or about what I eat,
whether the chicken fry
or another baked fish. Phew!
I can handle this.
What do you mean, baloney?
You don't trust me?

God, you love me.
You care about me.
Nothing's to little for your concern.
I'll let go, release it all,
and really mean that prayer,
your will, not mine,
be done.

No comments: