Monday, October 5, 2009

Snuffed Out

I really got a bang from the For Today topic today. It not only spoke to me, it YELLED at me. "Hatred is the result of not accepting the world and its people -- myself included -- as they are." Wow! Another "right-on" moment recently was last night listening to Jim P as a speaker at the Region III OA Assembly in 2004. He talked about getting up from supper and announcing, "I'm done eating." I like that. It's the part of the day I most struggle with the compulsion, tempted to report my food then add to it. So I think I'm going to start doing that. When I figure out my food for the day and know that I've gotten into the ranges set by my nutritionist, I'll announce I'm done and mean it! Then, not only will I mean it when I say it, but I'll live up to the commitment. 

Okay. I've fixed what I can eat the rest of the day, and when I finish eating this bowl's contents, I'm done eating. I can have dieter's tea or no calorie frozen ice pops, and that's it.

I went to a funeral today, a dear old lawyer. The preacher talked about his playing Devil's Advocate with the high school kids he taught in Sunday school. Neat picture. And neat idea as it relates to recovery. The term, of course, comes from the person in the Catholic church arguing against sainthood for a person being considered. But the things said are outrageous. And that's okay. God can take it. 

Okay. It's a rambling post, but it's a post. And the title? It's also from the For Today reading. If I don't work the program, everything I value is snuffed out.

I'm done eating.

No comments: