Sunday, January 10, 2010

Drat! It should be HARDER.

"If you're not afraid of something, then there's nothing to overcome and it's not courage. But if you're afraid and you do it anyway, that's courage." Mur Lafferty 

Just do it. Act as if. "...praying only for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out." (Step 11) I know all this stuff. I know how to plow ahead and be successful. I know how to do the things that need to be done. But they don't. I don't. I hide my head, and things become a crisis before I do them. And I fear. It's comforting to know others fear, others who are successful and out there where I want to be. 

I know I'm good. I know I can accomplish what I want to do. So why do I hide my head and avoid doing them? Why am I not moving forward?

I am moving forward. Not at break-neck speed. Not a lot faster than a turtle sometimes, but hey, have you seen a turtle move when you see him in the road and turn around to get a photo of him? They do. And they get somewhere. And I'm getting somewhere. One day at a time.

I've got fears. I've got self-esteem issues. But I can do things. And I am. God's will, God's design for my life. Putting that out there, not my fears. But it's so scary....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said it so well....fear is paralyzing some times....but an inch in the right direction can be so rewarding. Thanks for sharing.