Friday, January 28, 2011

Divested of a Crutch

Nothing is more desirable than to be released from an affliction, but nothing is more frightening than to be divested of a crutch. ~ James Baldwin

Wow. I don't need to add anything. I just need to come visit this and remember it every five minutes. What crutches do I rely upon?
  • Food.
  • Anger.
  • Resentment.
  • Procrastination.
  • Gossip.
  • Passive Agressive Getting Even.
  • Stupid Computer Games.
  • Taking His Inventory.
  • Okay, Taking Her Inventory.
  • Not My Job - Somebody Will Do It.
  • Excuses - But I'm Busy! But I'm Special! But I Didn't MEAN To.
Wow. Nothing is more desirable than to be released from an affliction, but nothing is more frightening than to be divested of a crutch. ~ James Baldwin

God, make me willing to let go of my crutches, today, right now, every time I can. And make the "can" come more often. Amen, so be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great list of 'crutches,' Stepper! thanks!

bh