Thursday, May 5, 2011

Commitment

I have a couple of blogs - this and another in my name. And I've made a commitment to a third, DAILY. That's a big step. But it's something I need to do. It does commit me to recovery writing, though the other author and I have a stash of material we can start with. That will run out, though. The other blog can be found two ways: www.RecoveryDailyDose.blogspot.com or www.EagleWingsPress.com/daily.

I guess where I am right now is the recovery saying, "I can't, God can, I think I'll let him." I've got so many irons in the fire, how DARE I do this? But it feels right, and I didn't think I could do what I'm doing right now. Speaking of that, I have a major commitment I said I would do last night, and I came to the office this morning intending to do it first thing. But it's an hour before noon, and I will do it. Now. The big things are so much more intimidating before we jump in. And that's what commitment is, whether it's to blog or to write or to chair a major undertaking. And I'm committed. So I'm jumping in. Come along for the ride!

4 comments:

rosie said...

just reading u book on my kindle
rosie.

n ireland

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rosie. That means a lot to me. I wish you peace, joy, and recovery.

OAStepper

Anonymous said...

I'm on board for the ride. You keep writing and I'll keep reading. Thanks so much!
Compulsive overeater

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming along for the ride. I'm honored.

OAStepper