Sunday, February 1, 2015

Galatians 3:3

I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? (Galatians 3:3 NIV)



We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help. (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 25)


Powerless.
Life out of control.
I can do this
with sufficient willpower,
if I follow the rules,
if I use my logic,
my experience,
what I read of how it's done...
but then again
I've tried that.
Failed at that.
Fell flat on my face.
I can't do it
and have demonstrated that
in every manner for many years.
I give up.
But I have a Spirit
who will take over
if I just let go,
take direction,
and do as I'm told.

Thank you, God,
for proving I can't
but you can.

No comments: