Friday, February 26, 2021

Be Attitude 5

 

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. ~ Matthew 8:6, NIV, Holy Bible, eBook (p. 938). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.

We have shown how we got out from under. You say, “Yes, I’m willing. But am I to be consigned to a life where I shall be stupid, boring and glum, like some righteous people I see? I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?” ~ A.A. World Services Inc. Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition. A.A. World Services, Inc. Kindle Edition.

Hungering and thirsting
tended to be life-threatening
for those of us in Recovery!
Hungering was my downfall
while the thirsting got the all rolling!
For plenty of us we are easily serially obsessed
with self-destruction in a variety of ways!
Hungering and thirsting for righteousness
didn’t make the list, though!
But when we traded in the other compulsions
for hungering and thirsting for righteousness,
the inadequate substitutes lost their appeal
and all our interstices held exactly what we needed!



No comments: