Monday, October 4, 2010

Still...

Hebrews 9:6-8

When everything had been arranged like this, the priests entered regularly into the outer room to carry on their ministry. But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still standing. (NIV)

“Nevertheless, I still thought I could control the situation, and there were periods of sobriety which renewed my wife’s hope.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 5)

Still: up to and including
the present time;
even now.
The time of hope
before the change,
before it
comes,
before recovery.
Maranatha,

come, Lord Jesus.
Bring the change,
make it
happen,
I crave recovery,
thirst for the change —
¡Ojalá que sí!

God, when I still don’t get it,
show me how to be still and seek it.

Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE,
NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica.
Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

No comments: