Sunday, March 13, 2011

So, what?

Neat post earlier this morning. Real insight. So now what? What's the difference? Right now:
  1. If God's my higher power, I work on writing a book instead of playing games when I'm sitting in this chair.
  2. If God's my higher power, I get out of the chair and do things that need to be done, have needed to be done for a long time.
  3. If God's my higher power, I don't let logistics stop what I need to do. I walk out to the car and get what I need this morning.
  4. If God's my higher power, fear is gone. Wow. That one's big.
and to enable us to serve him without fear God of Israel,
because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
He has raised up a horn of salvation for us
in the house of his servant David ...
and to enable us to serve him without fear
in holiness and righteousness bef
ore him all our days. (Luke 1:68-75 NIV)*

We ask him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what he would have us be. At once, we commence to outgrow fear. (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 6)
*The Holy Bible New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.TM Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments: