Friday, October 21, 2011

Galatians 1:1-2

Paul, an apostle – sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead – and all the brothers and sisters with me,

To the churches in Galatia: (Gal. 1:1-2, NIV)


Carry this message to other alcoholics! You can help when no one else can. You can secure their confidence when others fail. Remember they are very ill. (Alcoholics Anonymous, page  89)
Carry the message,
spread the word,
an apostle of the good new,
of salvation, 
of freedom
from obsession, 
from fear, from hell. 
Paul didn't let his not walking
Israel hills with the Master
silence his call
to apostleship.
Bill W told the first 100
he didn't write the Steps,
God did – it wasn't subject
to edits.
Isaiah stood in the Temple
the year King Uzziah died
and trembled in the presence 
of Glory but heard the word
and said, "I'm here, send me."
How long? Thousands of years,
lifetimes.
Not just them, though. All of
us.

God, I'm ruined, dirty
in your presence, 
as dirty as all around me.
But you speak. Who am I
not to do your bidding?


No comments: