Saturday, October 29, 2011

Galatians 1:7

...which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. ~ Galatians 1:7 (NIV)


Once confused and baffled by the seeming futility of existence, they show the underlying reasons why they were making heavy going of life. Leaving aside the drink question, they tell why living was so unsatisfactory. They show how the change came over them. When many hundreds of people are able to say that the consciousness of the Presence of God is today the most important fact of their lives, they present a powerful reason why one should have faith. (Alcoholics Anonymous, pages 50-51)


I trust only me
and chase my tail,
follow a trailblazer
to deserts I despise,
flit like a butterfly,
flower to flower to flower,
drift like a balloon
to popular causes,
the thing du jour.
As long as I'm my own
higher power,
or I choose other lower higher powers,
I wander, dissatisfied.
Once I become conscious
of the Presence of God,
I know the path
to all I want or need.

God, sometimes I need 
blinders. When I'm distracted,
nudge me.

No comments: