Thursday, January 5, 2012

Galatians 1:12


For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. (KJV)


With few exceptions our members find that they have tapped an unsuspected inner resource which they presently identify with their own conception of a Power greater than themselves. (Alcoholics Anonymous, Spiritual Experience appendix)


All around me,
voices knowing better,
people more experienced,
others who've walked
this path before,
and they may be messengers,
sometimes,
 a mouthpiece for God,
but I know if I miss the point
in a group, or studying alone, hope's there,
help's there,
guides may lead me
step by step
toward the right direction.
Sometimes God speaks through them.
Other times, they're giving advice,
not really working program,
not in sync
with God.
When I've listened long enough,
I recognize his voice,
hear his message.
But I need not wait.
He's ready for me, any time.

God, protect me from leaving the path
you're trying to send me along
no matter who speaks 
for you.
Remind me you don't need
interpreters.

No comments: