Sunday, January 15, 2012

Galatians 1:13-14

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. (NIV)


Renewing my resolve, I tried again. Some time passed, and confidence began to be replaced by cock-sureness. I could laugh at the gin mills. Now I had what it takes! (Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 5-6)


I'm in control,
hear me roar!
Stand aside and see me,
watch what I can do.
Step back,
I don't need you.
Can't you see it's a complex whole,
that ceding power causes seams?
It's not arrogance if you're right!
You know I do it well!
I'm in control.

God, I need to know
I'm out of control
when you're not really
the one who's
in control.

No comments: