Friday, February 17, 2012

Galatians 2:3

And they supported me and did not even demand that my companion Titus be circumcised, though he was a Gentile. (NLT)


He may demand that the family find God in a hurry, or exhibit amazing indifference to them and say he is above worldly considerations. He may tell mother, who has been religious all her life, that she doesn't know what it's all about, and that she had better get his brand of spirituality while there is yet time. (Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 128)


Running the show,
setting the rules,
 being in charge,
taking command.
This is how recovery works,
and you better do it right.
No.
They are suggestions, not commands.
It's how we did it,
how many have found recovery
but you may find a different
road to the same place.
This one works for me.
I love you and hope you find
a path as right for you
as I have found for me.

God, let me understand
I'm not in control.
Help me to do your will
and be open to it differing
from what I think it is.

No comments: