Monday, February 20, 2012

Galatians 2:7-8

On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. (NIV)


When you discover a prospect for Alcoholics Anonymous, find out all you can about him. If he does not want to stop drinking, don't waste time trying to persuade him. You may spoil a later opportunity. This advice is given for his family also. They should be patient, realizing they are dealing with a sick person. (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 90)


Who cares who carries the message
so long as the carrying is done?
Well, I must admit to the lingering conviction
a message not channelled through me
must of necessity be inferior.
What if explanations lack the pertinence,
applicability, feel irrelevant?
Who will invigorate the word,
encapsulate Nirvana?
So, what makes me believe in me but my arrogance,
my ego?
It's not my message to carry.
I am a tool, available for use
in building.
My bondage to self, my difficulties 
are removed, and victory over them
may humiliate me 
yet 
be the message to be carried.

God, who cares who carries the message?
Let be true I don't.
Let me be willing
to be humbled
and used.

No comments: