Saturday, June 14, 2008

Success, This Day at This Time

To be honest, I haven't done what I said I would do, but I've been compliant as to the spirit. Let's see. Since two posts ago I have:
  • Read half of the book manuscript.
  • Fixed one non-profit website as a minor fix.
  • Spent hours on another that was far from a minor fix, but it's been updated after being ignored four months. Normally I try to do it at least monthly.
  • Emailed offering to speak at an OA meeting. I got an error message from the web-based form and may have to follow up on that if they don't answer after the weekend.
  • Found out more about what's going on in the life of one of the people I said I would write. I've spent some hours reading blogs but haven't written her.
  • I cleaned the half of the kitchen I didn't get to yesterday, resealing the tile grout, etc.
  • Hubby bought a new appliance and I put it together.
  • I've posted to a group at The Recovery Group and answered several OA emails.
  • In doing my literature reading, I did more than normal, reading the story on page 301 of the AA BB. Wow, is that meant for me to read today! He says, "Mine was the skid row of success. The physical skid row in any city is miserable. The skid row of success is just as miserable." His stopping drinking sounds a lot like my stopping the compulsive eating, and the advice to really DO AA rather than looking down at the butcher, the carpenter, the baker and the mechanic who made up his group. That hit the elitist in me as did the portions of page 58 he quotes. Then later he says:
What is this power that A.A. possesses? This curative power? I don't know what it is. I suppose the doctor might ay, "This is psychosomatic medicine." I suppose the psychiatrist might say, "This is benevolent interpersonal relations." I suppose others wold say, "This is group psychotherapy."

To me it is God. (AA Big Book, page 308)
Yep. It's been a good day. And a better day because I have NOT opened a computer game. I ate what I said I ate yesterday, and only that. Today I have had only:
  • 2 eggs, 50 cal. bread, a vegetarian patty (100 cal.), and a liquid supplement
  • green salad with grilled chicken, cheese, and an egg, finished two bottles of fat free dressing and still really didn't have enough. Just a touch of each. A liquid supplement fixed with frozen blueberries and Splenda. 
Thanks for being here.

No comments: