Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kicked in the Gut

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.
Yes. I'm still abstinent from the games. But the thought did cross my mind. One of those people on my resentment list just shoved her way back in bigtime. It doesn't matter. It can't be helped. I would change it if I could, but I can't.

I edit a newsletter. It's eight pages, and looks good. It looks professional. And the issue just out announces the meeting that really is September 27 as being August 27. The email message that set me off says, "Got mine just now. Uh--the back page lists August 27 for the ... program. Hope folks check inside! Or did I lose a month somewhere?? :}:}:}:}"
Peace I Ask of Thee Oh River

Peace I ask of thee, oh river
Peace, peace, peace
When I learn to live serenely
Cares will cease

From the hills I gather courage
Visions of the days to be
Strength to lead and faith to follow
All are given unto me.
I'm sorry I made the mistake. I'm sorry I have to pray for her, sincerely or not, for a while. Probably a long while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

y one mistake does not a disaster make. NO ONE person is above mistakes. WE all pull our pants on one leg at a time and WE are ALL going to make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. I know for a fact his person is NOT above mistakes or meanness.