Monday, October 29, 2007

Invitation to a Book Proposal

I had an experience this weekend that leads me to believe I am to write a devotional book about losing weight through the power of the OA program. It will need to be daily thoughts connected to specific scriptures from the Christian Bible. I would welcome your input either by commenting me or by email to oastepper at gmail.com. My first responses that come to mind include:
  • Matthew 6:33: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
  • Luke 10:38-41 "But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: but one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
  • Ecclesiastes 11:1 "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."
  • 1 Kings 19:3-5a "But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him..."
  • and the rest of that passage: "And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat. And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again. And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God."
  • Genesis 2:16-17 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
  • Genesis 3:12 "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."
  • The story of Jacob and Esau for amends.
I can do this. I will do this.

No, I won't. I will stand aside and let God do it through me.

No comments: