Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mea Culpa

Wednesday and Thursday I have commitments at lunch, from 12 to 1, not including eating. I eat before or after or both, but not during. Today I got back to my office about three since after the 12 to 1 I had commitments elsewhere at 1:30 and 2:00. My secretary asked if I was ready for my lunch. I'd already had a SlimFast bar, a protein supplement, and a little container of applesauce--the lunch I intended to eat. I asked what she meant, and she told me I'd put my lunch in the microwave then gone off and left it. I knew I hadn't brought a lunch this morning. She produced it, however. That's when I knew I'd lied yesterday to my food buddies and my sponsor. I told them I'd had skillet cabbage for lunch. I didn't. I had the grapefruit and protein supplement as I reported, but obviously I intended to have skillet cabbage, believed I had had skillet cabbage, but failed to eat the skillet cabbage yesterday. Mea Culpa. I have lied. And I didn't even miss it!

No comments: