Friday, October 5, 2007

TGIF

Mine is a stressful profession, or so they tell me. All these years I've sluffed off the comments about how much stress I live with, laughed it off with a comment home's tougher than work. This week, though, the world's been standing upside down. Home has gone calmly, but the stress came from every other direction. Only two other weeks in almost two decades on the job stand out as perhaps equal in stress, and that each time was from a single cause. This one has been the perfect storm, arriving from all sorts of directions. I needed the weekend, and I'm glad it's here.

The good thing, though, is stress or no stress, I stayed with my food plan and didn't open a computer game. Wow! And as an added bonus though my weight has dropped only a pound in a month, my clothes fit better. Earlier this year I was excited when a dress I'd had since 2003 was too large. Now one I bought about the first of the summer, a 16, is larger than I would buy, and it was tight when I bought it. I remember when I was pleased to realize a 26 was too large. But a 16? Wow! It's been a good week. But God, thanks for making this a good Friday as well.

No comments: