Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Verses for Meditations

Going back to yesterday's post, I need to find scriptures to use in formulating a book of devotionals on losing weight. Let's see what else I can come up with today--or what God suggests to me which is really what's got to happen. I'm tired enough my ego shouldn't get in the way this evening.

Hum. Joseph's interpretation of Pharoah's dream, seven skinny cows eating seven fat cows and staying skinny. Sometimes what happens with weight doesn't make sense. Eating practically nothing, a person can remain the same weight. Never being hungry, a person can suddenly weigh a hundred pounds less. Amen and amen.

There's an interesting passage in Deuteronomy that might work. "But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee." I'll follow where that one leads me, but not tonight.

Psalms 119. Maybe just the 71st verse:
70Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
71It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Isaiah 6:10. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Isaiah 10:16. Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

God, lead me where you would have me go. Give me rest tonight, and let me walk with you tomorrow. Direct my thoughts, and show me how I can serve you and your people.

No comments: