Saturday, May 15, 2010

Alone on the ladder

Hebrews 1:13-14 (second entry)

And God never said to any of the angels,

“Sit in the place of honor at my right hand

until I humble your enemies,

making them a footstool under your feet.”

Therefore, angels are only servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation. (NLT)

Angels are servants,
only servants,
like second class,
like riffraff.

Guardian angels,
a real angel,
as sweet as an angel,
gone to be with the angels,
with the riffraff? With servants?
Perspective’s everything.
When speaking of one
higher than angels,
how high they are
fades in importance.
I’m okay. I’m fine.
Even if I’m lesser,
riffraff when contrasted
that doesn’t mean I’m
not fine, high enough
not real.

God, enough of my ladder,
folks higher, lower,
none on my rung.
I’m lonely. Enough with
knowing about, not knowing.

Scripture quotations marked NLT
are taken from the Holy Bible,

New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004.

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,

Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

No comments: