Friday, May 28, 2010

Woe is I

Hebrews 2:5-6

Jesus, the Man

5 And furthermore, it is not angels who will control the future world we are talking about. 6 For in one place the Scriptures say,

“What are mere mortals that you should think about them,

or a son of man that you should care for him? (NLT)

“The less people tolerated us, the more we withdrew fromsociety, from life itself. As we became subjects of King Alcohol, shivering denizens of his mad realm, the chilling vapor that is loneliness settled down. It thickened, ever becoming blacker.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 151)

Woe is I,
worthless piece of
excrement.
Shivering madness,
chilling self-contempt,
thickening blackness.
Mortal. Morbid.
Meaningless.
How could anyone care for me
when I don’t care about me?
I don’t know.
I only know
the Son of Man does
care for this odious
daughter of man.
If God be for me
how can I be against me?

God, thanks for loving me
until I can love myself
and for sending other people
to model that love for me.

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible,
New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,
Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

something about this reminds me of the youtube post 'Jesus wants the rose,' by Matt Chandler. http://youtube.com/watch?v=o-zR3h2UsR4 it's definitely worth watching. bh