Thursday, May 13, 2010

Superior Arrogance

by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Hebrews 1:3-4

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. (NIV)

Dad may feel that for years his drinking has placed him on the wrong side of every argument, but that now he has become a superior person with God on his side. (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 129)

I’ve lived on the ladder,
isolated on my rung,
above most folks
below a few,
below God
too for up there to notice,
above the masses.
Who set my rung?
I did. After I’d done so much
become so important
excelled.
Not knowing what others had done
even the miraculous,
ignorance is bliss
superior bliss
superior arrogance.

God, I need the crowd of people around me
to stop the isolation,
to let me learn what they have to teach me,
what you would teach me through them.

Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE,
NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica.
Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

No comments: