Monday, May 31, 2010

Chaos Eraser

Hebrews 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: (KJV)

“How could a Supreme Being have anything to do with it all? And who could comprehend a Supreme Being anyhow? Yet, in other moments, we found ourselves thinking, when enchanted by a starlit night, ‘Who, then, made all this?’ There was a feeling of awe and wonder, but it was fleeting and soon lost.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 46)

When my life feels
chaotic,
that’s not what’s intended,
not what can be,
should be.
When I pause to look
at the wonder,
the majesty,
the mystery
all around, I know
without a doubt
chaos isn’t real,
isn’t natural,
isn’t what should be.
When I get out of the way
the world works
like it was designed to work,
like somebody neat erased
the chaos.

God, erase my chaos,
my doubt, my mess,
and show me your mystery
and majesty
and love.

No comments: