Friday, July 16, 2010

Abraham's seed

Hebrews 2:16

For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants. (NIV)

“When many hundreds of people are able to say that the consciousness of the Presence of God is today the most important fact of their lives, they present a powerful reason why one should have faith.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 51)

Angels those alcoholics weren’t,
an angel I’m not.
Like Abraham I give up waiting
for God’s promises
and take matters into my hands.
I misunderstand,
get scared and lie to save
myself,
forsaking the parts worth saving
in the process.
God wins, though,
no matter what I do.
God wins,
and with his triumph
I win.

God, take me,
my character defects,
my plans, my hopes, my dreams,
and trump them with
Heaven on earth.

Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE,
NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica.
Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this ending! 'Thy Kingdom come.' bh