Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bless the Children

Hebrews 12:13

He also said,

“I will put my trust in him,”

that is, “I and the children God has given me.” (NLT)

“The alcoholic’s past thus becomes the principal asset of the family and frequently it’s almost the only one!” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 124)

Shame, humiliation, well-deep
sorrow
embedded in my soul.
How could I have inflicted
my pain, my angst, on children
gifted to me,
on young lives held in trust?
Joy, humility, sky-high
jubilation
exploding from my soul.
Recovery – like addiction – spreads
throughout families,
gifting children and children’s children
with hope, with sanity, with peace.

God, thank you for second chances,
for children who turned out fine
despite the drama.
Thanks for time to mend.

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible,
New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,
Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.


No comments: