Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pain, the teacher

Hebrews 2:18

Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested. (NLT)

“The faith and sincerity of both you and your husband will be put to the test. These work-outs should be regarded as part of your education, for thus you will be learning to live.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 117)

Pain is always the teacher,
which makes the pain
more tolerable
if I can just remember that,
if I can go past seeing some wisdom
and really buy into the notion.
Pain does make me more tolerant
of others facing such,
unless I take credit
for God’s grace
in bringing me through,
a better person,
renounced by my forgetting
the Source.

God, the source of all that’s good
help me to trust you through the pain
of growth.

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible,
New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,
Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

No comments: