Friday, July 30, 2010

Living My Sorry

Hebrews 3:10-11

“…So I was angry with them, and I said,

‘Their hearts always turn away from me.

They refuse to do what I tell them.’
So in my anger I took an oath:
‘They will never enter my place of rest.’” (NLT)

“Now we go out to our fellows and repair the damage done in the past. We attempt to sweep away the debris which has accumulated out of our efforts to live on self-will and run the show ourselves. If we haven’t the will to do this, we ask until it comes. Remember it was agreed at the beginning we would go to any lengths for victory over alcohol.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 76)

Can you make amends to God?
I turn my heart to him,
I seek his way – to know and walk.
I understand his wrath.
Like Daddy, tired of my
“I’m sorry”
saying, “Don’t be sorry.
Don’t do it!”
I don’t want to, God,
don’t want to wander back
the way I came,
to self-will, to heart turned inward.
I offer my amends, God,
not “I’m sorry,”
but living in your will.

God, I’m willing to go to any lengths.
Make it true, God.

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible,
New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,
Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

No comments: