Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holy Brethren

Hebrews 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; (KJV)

“From a trembling, despairing, nervous wreck, had emerged a man brimming over with self-reliance and contentment. I talked with him for some time, but was not able to bring myself to feel that I had known him before. To me he was a stranger, and so he left me. A long time has passed with no return to alcohol.” (Alcoholics Anonymous, page xxxi)

Holy brethren, us?
brethren, certainly, but holy?
Yes.
Our pasts are not us – we’re not
who we were,
not barrel-bottom scum
any more.
We’re changed,
lifted to the fourth dimension
of existence,
holy, brethren with each other
children of the
power to change.

God, you took me from
a despairing nervous wreck
and made me holy. What can I do
for you?

No comments: